Wednesday, July 18, 2012

(Almost) Wordless Wednesday

I thought I'd share with you my 'antiquest' book.  This was a gift from Prince Stoic, and I think it's pretty special...












If your Roman numeral reading is rusty, those say 1000 + 800 + 98.
Published 1898!!








































It has amazing borders (different every layout) and very detailed illustrations, each a work of art.  Particularly amazing when you think of how much more involved printing was in that time than now.  









Princess Sassy wanted me to start reading the book aloud after family dinners.  But after one try, they all gave up, unable to keep track of the storyline while trying to follow John Bunyan's 17th Century language.




I can understand why it would be difficult to listen to, but it's a bit fun to read.  Much like reading Austen or Shakespeare, you just have to get used to it.









Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...