Thursday, October 31, 2013

A Revelation


The kids of some of our best friends have worked with Youth With A Mission (YWAM) for years.  Now they (with their young children) are in a foreign land, going to a university there to learn the language, while also teaching English.  They share the Lord in how they behave and serve others, and are allowed to answer questions about their lifestyle, including their Christian faith when relevant, in conversation with people they encounter... at school, at the park, or wherever. 


After we'd attended a presentation they did at church, sharing photos and telling about their typical days, I was thinking about their lives.  I thought, "How wonderful to just get up and go to school and move about the day,  enjoying encounters with people along the way, and know that in doing that, they're doing God's work."  Serving the Lord was built right into their entire life... without extra scheduling. It seemed like no work at all, and so freeing and fun.

But then it hit me.  I realized that's how we're all supposed to look at it.  No matter what we do, it's where God has us, and whatever we do in our lives is the "work" He has for us... even if it's play.  We only need to get up and embrace where we are and what we're already doing. 

I had been separating the little and everyday tasks of my life from what I would consider 'doing God's work.'  --As if I had to set aside time to do my part for God, instead of knowing my daily life IS the work He's provided me.  And I don't need to worry about it.  Just do... in contentment and joy, which is definitely helpful to my personal well-being and outlook.  It is freeing and it certainly can be fun.

This 'revelation' was quite awhile ago now, and I have to admit that although I understand and accept it, I don't really feel like I've absorbed it to the soul level so that I'm living it.  But I feel strangely content with that.  I think of it and 'chew on it' in my mind every now and then.  It's a step in the right direction, and probably just the one of the puzzle pieces, or little idea-sprouts that will grow and bring the concept to fulfillment in my life. 


.......................................................................................................................

Meanwhile... I've done it!  I've blogged 31 days in a row for the month of October!  I hope you've been able to read some of the other blogs who joined this challenge.  It's not too late to check them out. I know I will be going back to read through many posts shared by others that I've missed while writing, and trying to keep up with our life here at RHome410.



31 Days at The Nesting Place






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...