Monday, November 26, 2012

The Tale of Two Thanksgivings



I know it might have been more helpful to discuss Thanksgiving menus before the big day... But there has been a request to see what was on Princess Bossy's fancy Thanksgiving menu I showed in a photo in my last post, and I'm glad to oblige.











While Princess Bossy expressed her passion for Thanksgiving through a more complex, gourmet type of meal, I enjoyed Thanksgiving more than ever, preparing more simply.  So before I unveil her menu, I thought I'd share ours, which was based on everyone's Thanksgiving favorites, and desires for less fuss and mess:



Appetizers:

  • Crackers and various cheeses
  • Hot Shrimp dip with small French bread slices
  • Taco dip and chips


Dinner:

  • Turkey, prepared using Safeway's 2-hour recipe... So easy!
  • Croissants from Costco for making the aforementioned turkey into sandwiches
  • Whole cranberry sauce (thanks to Costco again)
  • Green Bean Casserole
  • Grapes
  • Mashed potatoes and gravy (A late addition.  Apparently, it's necessary to keep this one, traditional, fuss and muss item.)
  • Dill Pickles and Black Olives


Dessert (Prepared by Princesses Eager and Artiste):




Now, with royal permission, of course, I am happy to share (show off) Princess Bossy's wonderful menu:






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...