Wednesday, October 3, 2018

MCFH: On my Table

My Cozy Fall Home, Day 3:  On my Table

I promised to be honest...

We are in a transition phase in our family and home life.  We are still years from being empty nesters, but are working our way there.  A home that started its life bustling with 10 active people, now has only 4 most of the time, and one of those has her foot on the threshold, pointed outward.

This is a picture of our current home transition.  We moved into this house with 4 bedrooms-full of princes and princesses.  2 of the rooms had 3 inhabitants each, and have collected leavings of all who lived there.  One of those rooms is now empty.  Well, empty of bodies, but not empty of stuff!  This is the evidence that I'm working on that.

Belongings from the boys' room, mixed with this year's homeschooling activity,
and Princess Eager's photo editing station (the computer).
What about dining, you may ask?  Anywhere else!

Going through 3 princes' belongings, has unearthed many books and games that have made it only as far as the dining room table, now mixed with the current year's re-shuffle of homeschooling materials.  All homeschooling materials will move to shelves in my current sewing area when I've developed a new sewing room elsewhere. (With a door.  That closes!)  The destination of my own 'studio' is yet to be finalized, so the piles await.  

They can't move until the sewing room is empty... The sewing room can't empty until the new spot is decided and properly prepared.  So this is my fall table decor!  We'll just chalk it up to another of the 'beautiful messes' that indicate we have had, and continue to have, a rich family life.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...