Sunday, December 10, 2017

These Trees are Off the Wall!

You might remember the view on my design wall... the beginning sprouts of these trees I shared in October in Growing Christmas.
After each hooping, I could have the machine do a scan
so that I could place each design correctly.  I could
move, pivot, and even resize the design, as needed.


I’d wanted this gift to be wrapped around its recipient by Thanksgiving weekend to be used all through the holidays. I’m happy it’s now ready to send, though, and I had the best time making it! 

















It was quilted in the hoop, and it was truly my decades-long dream to create my own designs in order to do so. The ‘snow drifts’ and some of the tree fills were free-handed on the screen, and for some, I combined and/or altered built-in shapes from the Stamp page and others in the machine's Design Center. 

Just a sampling of the fill designs I created
and saved on the machine. 









I was even able to include a personal note on one of the trees in my own handwriting, and create a cat outline, so his kitty would feel welcome to cuddle. So fun!! 


This Dream Machine 2 truly is AMAZING. And so is my tool-and technology-loving hubby for knowing how much it would help me create and talking me into it. 






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...