Monday, October 3, 2011

Christmas Every Monday

Prince CuddleBunny just took our Monday jaunt to pick up our Full Circle Farm box... But this week's order was in 2 boxes.  I know I ordered it, but it's always a fun surprise to find 2 boxes instead of one, so I feel like I'm getting more for my money.  (Sometimes a little self-allowed  delusion is OK?)



The kids gather around the box(es) to see what's arrived, all sharing their individual hopes (lots of craving for apples this week), and asking questions.



Not only is it nice to get fresh, organic, mostly local produce on a regular, weekly basis, it's fun to get things I've never eaten or cooked with before.  This week has more than the usual share of new-to-me items:
  • Leeks
  • Baby White Turnips
  • Baby Bok Choy
  • Broccolette

There is always a newsletter with 2 recipes and excerpts from the farm's Good Food Life blog with links to more recipe ideas.  I'm particularly interested in trying a cake they discussed, using the Italian Prunes from our own tree.  It sounds magnificent, and I hope its success (positive thinking) will make a good future post.







One of this week's boxes even included a tall, but tiny 'Thank You' bouquet... A day brightener.  :-)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...