Thursday, June 2, 2011

$45 traded for 45 minutes

First....Did no one notice, or were you all just being nice?  I was standing in my kitchen tonight, realizing I couldn't remember what I'd posted for this week's (Almost) Wordless Wednesday.  Well, I found that it's because I seemed to miss Wednesday entirely, and called it Tuesday.  Oh, well.  On to today...


We haven't had granola in at least a few weeks.  We were pretty good about taking turns for awhile, with Hubby taking more than his share... But we all tired of the project it was to roll enough oats to fulfill the needs for the granola recipe.  Besides the time, it was a good amount of physical effort.                                                                                                                                                                                                        
End that attaches to the mixer
I am finally making granola again tonight, because I broke down and bought the adaptor that allows us to let my Bosch mixer motor do the work.  It connects the Family Grain Mill flaker attachment to the Bosch mixer and we have our 10 cups of rolled oats in 10 minutes, instead of 35 - 45.   I am free to enjoy a nice beverage, or like tonight, supervise dinner prep.  I don't go too far, because I want to make sure the set-up stays upright, and once in awhile the grain gets situated so it isn't feeding through, and the hopper needs a light tap, or the grain, a quick stir.                                                                                                                                                                     
End that connects to Family Grain Mill
attachments
I liked the idea of the manual operation, but in reality, I like my technology and the benefits it affords.  I will still appreciate that we can use old-fashioned elbow grease to roll oats if needed during our too-many-per-year power outages.         


The Bosch Mixer has little rubber feet on the back, so....


                                                                                                                                                    






....it can be tipped up for using this and other attachments

All set up, but when full it wanted to fall forward





Umm..Duh.  If I moved the bowl out a bit, it supported the
contraption and it was no longer unsteady





































Previous related posts:


Granola Recipe (using the rolled oats)










New Oat Flaker/Roller





Testing and Examining the
 New Roller/Flaker Mill
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...