Monday, April 2, 2012

Spring "Break" - ?

Sorry to be taking another blog break, but I don't see writing time in this week's schedule! 
- Hubby is working on the garage/bonus addition, planning to pour the slab floor for the garage portion, and also is going to try to start a remodel job for a colleague to help pay for the garage.  The car needs oil and maybe brakes.  Trees need planting.  It won't all happen, but after dedicating most of Sunday to putting together a million parts, the compost tumblers are complete! 
 - My mom has heart valve replacement surgery on Wednesday.  I am taking lunch down to their house today to visit with my parents, and also my brother, who is here from Ohio.   
- Wednesday is also the day Prince Inventive is 18 and Princess Artiste is 16. Thursday Prince CuddleBunny is 8!   I still don't have their respective dinner and cake requests yet.
 - Prince Go-for-It and Princess Artiste are due for their sports physicals... Artiste's was Monday and Go-for-It's is Thursday.   
 - My brother leaves to go back home on Saturday, which means my dad will be alone at home unless my sister or I jump in to stay with him from then through next week, until our older sister arrives to help out on the 11th.  I'm at least planning to be there at least that first day and night, as company, plus chief cook and bottle-washer, and chauffeuring between home and the hospital. 
 - Sunday, of course, is Easter. We usually go to Mom's and Dad's for dinner and fun, but with Mom in the hospital, this year will be different.  It will be tough for me to be away for "Easter Eve," and miss the egg and basket hunt early Sunday morning before church.  This will all take some planning, and enlisting the aid of "assistant bunnies." I'll also miss attending church with my family, but we all know that Grandma and Grandpa come first this week.
 - Add to all this, Princess Artiste is pushing to go to the DMV to get her permit, and Inventive needs to renew his permit, then finally schedule his driving test to get his license (put off because he didn't want to have to pay insurance), so that's always fun to look forward to... A few hours in the DMV...twice.  ;-)
Be back as soon as I can...   I wish you all a blessed Easter.




"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade."   1 Peter 1: 3 - 4


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...