Wednesday, March 21, 2012

There-are-Even-Words-in-the-Photos Wednesday

Besides the new fitness activity I shared with you Tuesday, I did some home decor that I'd promised to show you upon returning from my blogging break.


I've been troubled about the attitudes and words being tossed around our home lately.  --Kids making fun of each other, avoiding chores, speaking harshly, etc., etc.  I've been wanting the members of our family to re-open their hearts toward each other, and conduct themselves more as God asks in the Bible, both in words and in service.


I get tired of talking and feeling that I'm not being heard, so I decided to post written evidence of my priorities and hopes around the house.  Without money to spend on a more artful project, and also wanting to get the word out sooner rather than later, I decided to go the fast and inexpensive (tacky) route... I printed the messages out on paper.  


First I created sheets that emphasized "Relationship," and listed ways in which I thought they could better build relationship with God, with the family, and with others.                                                                                                                                    


I made several copies, and hung them where I thought they'd be seen most.  
--Especially in spots where family members might have the chance to read and meditate on them as they lay in their beds, sat and ate, or did other quiet activities during which they might have time to think...








Next I made lists of behaviors I'd like to see put into practice... Like "Speak Kindly," "Notice others and care how they're feeling," "Be Thankful," "Play a game together," "Give a Hug," and many others.                                                                




I cut them into separate, little pronouncements, with which I 'decorated' the walls in several locations of the house.






I figured, if nothing else, they'd have a clear understanding of the types of things important to their mom.


You're probably wondering...
"Have they read them?"

"Have they made a difference?"                                                                                                             
I walked into the kitchen just in time to hear Prince Inventive trying to persuade Princess Eager to clear the dishwasher for him.  As support for his reasoning, he pointed to one of my signs on the kitchen wall and said, "It says right here to 'Help out with someone else's chore.'"  :-\                                                                                                                                                                                        


Well, at least I know they're being read...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...