Wednesday, May 11, 2011

(Almost) Wordless Wednesday

While gardening Sunday, I discovered a few hearty plants had survived the winter.                                                                                                                                                         
I have some healthy oregano and parsley, and some overly healthy chives and garlic chives.   It was (past) time to dig them up and divide....
This is a 4 x 5 ft box, so you can see the plants are over a foot in diameter

I grabbed smaller sections of each, trimmed them, and replanted several, for future abundance of herbs.  We used some of the trimmings on our baked potatoes at dinner.  Sadly, I had to let some of the rooted plants go to waste, not finding anyone with whom to share.  I have a hard time with the concept of selective reduction, even when it comes to gardening!                                                                         
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...