- Hubby and I, with the help of a trusted financial adviser, are reconsidering our life insurance, and possibly other insurances. This means meetings, research, phone calls, and will also mean the requisite physicals. We are arranging part of our savings into longer term "vehicles" that we hope will help us out in the future, while staying partially available if at all necessary for major, unforeseen emergencies. This requires learning some new terms, like "annuitize" and "single-premium life policy." We will keep some for more likely and smaller unexpected needs, and it's hard to know how much that should be.
|What Is An Annuity? Find Out More|
- We are refinancing our home from a variable rate to a fixed-rate mortgage. It seems the worst part of any refi is the appraisal, which is today. It's always 'fun' to have a stranger come and walk through the house, especially when their job is to judge the value, which, of course, looks less impressive if cluttery or less-than-pristine. Why am I sitting here instead of cleaning?!
- Prince Go-for-It has had quite a few diving meets in the last couple of weeks. Because of one, 11-dive meet, he qualified for "leagues," so I run him from the junior high to the high school for daily practice for an additional 2 weeks. That OK. We're proud of him for trying this new sport and giving it his all. I am thankful, though, that the junior high has its own track team, so he'll stay put after school in the spring.
- Princess Artiste took her drive test at the driving school on Saturday, instead of at the DMV, which is a new process in our state. But we can't avoid the DMV completely, so this week we get to brave the afternoon wait there to do the paperwork (and pay more $$, of course) for her official license.
- I need to make sports physical appointments for Artiste and Go-for-It before their respective track seasons, and many of us are behind on dental appointments.
|from Free Coloring Page Site|
- Tomorrow, the phone company will be updating our DSL lines, requiring a new modem, which means being without internet for part of the day, followed by the installation of a new modem... by moi. Then we will have to reconfigure all our devices to recognize it. Not being a computer whiz, tasks like this seem to take me major time, as the 'instructions' are sorely lacking and these things never want to go smoothly.
- The Wolf oven also leaves tomorrow. Hubby doesn't seem to have any idea when he'll have time to adjust the cabinet for its replacement. Prince Go-for-It's 15th birthday is this weekend, for which he'll want a cake, and probably, pizza. With no oven? Hmm...
Oh! And I haven't printed and sent my Christmas letter yet. I guess now it's a Start-the-Year letter!
OK, so in the time I've written about all of this, I could've probably written about ovens. Oh, well. There are also things to share regarding garage progress and Princess Sassy's baby-building, but those will make their own posts on another day.