Sunday, January 30, 2011

Baking Center Reorganization, Take 2

The new cabinet organization didn't stay looking as neat and tidy as I'd hoped.  Not that I was surprised.  
It began looking a little haphazard,
and I knew it was headed downhill from there.                                                                                                                             

On a recent trip to the Big City to fetch Princess Sassy, I stopped in at Storables for another purpose, and decided to give one particular spice organizer a try.  
I'd seen the tri-level, step designs before, but without any thing to hold items on the shelves.  They looked like an avalanche ready to happen.  This one doesn't stretch to fit the space or amount of contents, but I thought it looked more likely to keep things under control.
                                                                                                                                                   I moved the food colorings out of this shelf completely, as they seemed to be a big culprit in fouling up organization plans.  I arranged the flavorings and smaller spice containers onto the spice organizer.  The large things are so few that no matter how they get thrown into the cabinet, they should be easy to locate.  I couldn't help but feel, though, that I was not making the best use of space by keeping this cabinet practically empty, and as one change leads to another, I expanded my organizational tasks to the other cabinet shelves in this same area.



I'd been storing bread baking ingredients in the cabinet to the left, and decided they should be a part of this cabinet instead.  This left me with a mostly empty cabinet there, and I moved on to drawers below the counter that were giving me problems.  

A Baking Utensil Drawers...
Before
and all 3...After


Small Appliance Drawer...Before
and After.  Like the fancy containers?


Pie and Cake pan drawer...Before
and After: No subtractions,  just restacking 



A combination of moving things around, throwing out parts of broken tools, and the use of a couple spare boxes as sorting containers make for a much better setup.  Again, it depends on people keeping up with the program...But at least I think this is something I can more easily sort out if others mess it up a bit.                                                                                                                                           
Overall Befores:


And now:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...