Sunday, February 20, 2011

My First Home-ground Cornmeal


I finally got a bag of organic sweet corn this week in my order from Azure Standard
so I could use my Corona Corn Mill for its intended purpose.                                                                                                                                                                  
My first grindings were way too coarse, including what looked like corn skin flakes.  I cinched down on the adjustments on the mill.  It didn't seem like I got enough movement to make a difference, but the meal was much finer.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
A rounded cup of corn (about 1 1/4 cups, I'd guess) made 2 cups of cornmeal.  I decided it was a good time to make Cornbread Muffins to go with our chili.  Recipe and results to come!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...