Saturday, February 19, 2011

Walking with my Baby

Prince CuddleBunny is a great motivator, and is helping me with the exercise component of my Bucket List.  He loves to go for our customary walk, which is, at this point, a mile, and just a few times a week.  I think that over time we'll make it longer, and hopefully a daily occurrence.  Already he's turned our walk into a walk-run, and is eager to do more.                                                                                                           
Too cute!
Pretty soon after lunch, he'll start asking when we can take our walk.  It's good that he asks early, so I can make sure and fit it in before it's getting dark...A little easier now that it's lighter a bit longer.                                                                                                                   
adidas Boys 8-20 Basic 3-Stripe Short,Black,M (10/12)As soon as he gets the word I'm almost ready, he runs upstairs, and changes into his 'walking gear.'  He's decided his colorful Nike 6.0 high-tops are now his walking shoes, the weather requires his "puffy coat," and he HAS to wear his "2nd place dream shorts."  These are a pair of simple black Adidas shorts with white stripes, that are much like Prince Inventive's tennis shorts.  His hero's shorts, though, are the opposite colors, white with black stripes, so a pair of those in his size are the "1st place dream shorts" and were near the top of his Christmas wish list this year.  Funny the things that are important.  He was so thrilled to find the black pair on a clearance rack at a local store last month.  I didn't know how well spent that $12 was going to be!                                                                                                                                                                                                  
I am not ready to wear shorts in our 38 degree weather, so my jeans and a coat will do, and my must-haves are my Reebok SimplyTone fitness shoes. They're so supportive, super comfortable, and if they do some extra toning as I walk, it's a great bonus.                                                                                   
We used to walk, side by side, the entire walk, but now Prince CuddleBunny runs ahead, maybe about 50 to 100 yards, depending on where we are on our walk, then runs in place or waits while I catch up.  A couple of times during the walk, I will run to catch up, but the rest of the time, I just maintain my own brisk walking pace.                                                                                                                                                                                                 
I have a difficult time disciplining myself to walk, so it's a tremendous help to have my little partner to push me out there.  The prospect of walking is a lot more enjoyable with such pleasant and enthusiastic company.


Reebok Women's Simplytone Fitness Shoe,Medium Grey/Pure Silver/Citron/White,8 M US
Reebok Women's SimplyTone
Fitness Shoes
Another word on my shoes:  My chiropractor looked these over for me and approved of the way they are designed to create a slight imbalance in all directions (imperceptible to me), which causes the muscles to work a little harder and constantly tone in a balanced way.  He prefers them to the rocking style of fitness shoes that only create an imbalance in one direction, and might be tougher on some people's backs and/or joints.  These are kind of like using a fitness ball as you walk.  :-)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...