Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Gotta Love Progress... and that Hubby Guy

Part of my decor dilemma is already aided by recent efforts of my hard-working husband. In, admittedly, one of his "Why didn't I do this sooner?" modes, he's been trimming the large windows in our main living areas.  (Part of the reason is that we'd run out of the Douglas fir we'd had milled from trees in our own yard, which we'd used throughout the rest of the house, and waited to get some fir from a friend's property when they cleared to build.)  As our main architectural feature, the rooms really suffered without the millwork detailing...    


The "Befores":                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
                                                                                                                    










The work in progress:

Hubby and Prince Go-for-It















And Princes CuddleBunny and Steadfast lent aid, too






And, now...
Room for improvement remains, of course, but with many thanks to my Hubby's willingness to toil long hours after his regular workday for the last week, I think my new 'window treatments' immediately make the rooms look many times better!  :-D   



































I am sharing/linking this on My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia's 
Tuesday's Treasures





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...