Wednesday, November 2, 2011

(Almost) Wordless Wednesday

I discovered a new favorite breakfast this week:




Berry pie topped with a generous helping of plain yogurt.                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
The pie is sweet and flavorful enough to overwhelm the unpleasant pucker of the sour yogurt, while the yogurt provides my protein in the meal to help keep my blood sugar from zooming up... then crashing down.  Maybe not the typical "healthy breakfast," but I think it's a decent option for an occasional treat.  I'd actually prefer my family eat this any day compared to most packaged cereals or anything made of white flour with sugary syrup poured over the top.  And YUM.  :-)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...