Wednesday, November 23, 2011

(Almost) Missed my Blogiversary!

As of this past Saturday, I've been blogging an entire year.  As it's Wednesday, which is supposed to be (almost) wordless, I'm going to choose some photos from that first week of blogging to re-share.
After creating my (always neglected) Bucket List,
I started off the regular posts with Pizza Night
and I ♥ my pizza stone!
















Then more baking with Bridal Shower Cupcakes
...and the snow started.
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.
I was fortunate to have figured out how to schedule a few posts ahead before the the ice and wind came in... and the power went out.  Some of the pictures bring back the clear memories of that 2010 Thanksgiving week.  Exactly a year ago today, we were in Day 3 of 4 1/2 days without electricity while the temps outside were dipping below 20.  We got power back at 1 PM on Thanksgiving, and our 40-degree house interior began to warm.  
Flat bread by flashlight.
Happy Thanksgiving!


Bored and tried something new.  I wouldn't recommend
baking rolls in a cast iron pan on the rangetop.
Be Careful What You Wish For...Or...Ma Ingalls, I'm not
We enjoyed White Chicken Enchiladas for our
Thanksgiving Feast 
The electricity was back and we made 'real rolls'
to end the week.  The first time I used the oven probe for bread.
Oven Temperature Probe: Not just for meats any more

Among the many, many things we're thankful for this year, having our electrical power, with heat, lights, and hot water, is definitely on the list!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...