Wednesday, November 30, 2011

(Almost) Wordless Wednesday

I have determined that I am lacking the home decor gene.  I don't do window treatments or table linens, I don't have rugs, I just let the furniture and the family be my decor.  Whatever has to be in a room is in it.  It's far from the 'put together' look I'd like to have.  I think I'm lacking time and money to 'do it right.'  But this Christmas I wanted to do a little better.


All that's left... And the donkey
has only one ear
My Christmas decor has usually been limited to a tree, lights in the living areas (I LOVE CHRISTMAS LIGHTS...They hugely brighten my day, figuratively as well as literally), and our Nativity set... Which I talked about last year, because, thanks to a raccoon in our storage room, it's seen better days.  Oh, and, of course, there's a Christmas themed picture on my desktop background!





The books piled behind the table don't do much for the decor attempt.
But Hubby is working on my bookshelf!  YAAAYYY!
This year, so far, as a leap into improvement, I redid the wedding candle holders we used at Thanksgiving (Princess Bossy's orange worked well for that) in Christmas colors.  








And I put lights in the kitchen, and up our stairway.                                                                                                                                                                  






I thought that looked pretty amazing... 












until I saw a photo of someone else's stairway with garland and ornaments... So I added to ours.                                                                                                                                                                                           
I think I need lighter colored ornaments, because in our darkish entry they hardly show
















I asked Princess Artiste if it looked good.... She said it did.   But, I just had to ask further, "...Or does it look tacky?"  She said, "Yeah, it is a little tacky, but it still looks good."  



Hm.  Ah, well.  We'll call it a work in progress...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...