Thursday, May 3, 2012

I Thought Wrong

I thought I needed a special recipe to make granola bars instead of granola.  But, nope.



The last time I made my regular granola recipe, I decided to try making it into bars.  I tried one of the two pans, since I didn't know if it would work.


Using half the recipe, I spread evenly and pressed the granola and syrup mixture into the bottom of a large broiler pan.  Instead of stirring it during baking, I left it alone for about 20 minutes at the usual 300 degrees (using convection).


After removing the pan from the oven, I let the granola cool for 10 minutes or so, then used a spatula to cut the bars in place, and left them to cool until warm.  I then removed the bars from the pan to cool completely on a rack.  


The family says they're a success.  The bars have done well stored in a sealed container, though not as crispy as at first.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...