Wednesday, May 30, 2012

(Almost) Wordless Wednesday


I felt like a big failure.






 I'd just wanted a quick, before-bedtime snack.






"Haste makes waste."  My mom told me that many times throughout the years, so I sure should have known my hurrying wouldn't help.






But I think this task was just over my head.






A bit beyond my skill set.






WHO came up with this idea?!!!!!!


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


Natural peanut butter... with an ocean of oil on top that needs to be stirred in.  


There is certainly no room in the jar to accomplish this feat.  We figured out long ago that it needs to be completely emptied into a bowl, painstakingly blended by stirring with a big spoon, some of the peanut butter the consistency of partially dried modeling clay.  Then it needs to be returned to the jar.  --Each step an oily, slippery, sticky mess.  And with the jar opening smaller than the bowl, and the mass of peanut butter moving more quickly than I'd intended... The peanut butter beat me.  




This time.






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...