Friday, December 30, 2011

Favorites of 2011

I can hardly ever come up with one favorite thing in any category, but I'll give it a try, just for fun...


Movie, Action (DVD) :  Unstoppable.  I'm not an action/thriller fan, but this was a good one!  A bit heart-stopping at times, but no creepy people about to kill someone.  And 2 handsome stars...  ;-D












Movie, Comedy (DVD):  Just Go With It.  Not fantastic, but pretty cute and funny.  Some inappropriate language and situations I could've done without, but I could watch it and enjoy it again.











Family/Kids' Movie (DVD):  Despicable Me.  Cute, cute, CUTE.  And funny.










Book for me:   Grace for the Good Girl: Letting Go of the Try-Hard Life.  Exactly the help I needed this year.  The author also writes the blog, chatting at the sky.








Book to read to Prince CuddleBunny (Chosen by the prince, himself)The Rhyme Bible Storybook.  He told me his selection, then added to his sister, "I LOVE the Rhyme Bible!"







Recipe:  Whole Wheat Challah Dough - Useful for so many things!








New Kitchen gadget:  Oat flaker/roller mixer attachment.  It makes granola, and lots of it, possible.







Favorite New Food Tried:  Leeks.  What could be better than green onions?  GIANT green onions!  ;-)








Song:  OK, I just can't choose one.  
CD: All Of You
I really love both of these, because they suited my brides.  
Colbie Caillat - I Do for Princess Bossy
CD: Clear As Day
and Scotty McCreery - I Love You This Big for Princess Sassy.











CD: The House You're Building (Audrey Assad).  Nice.  What a voice!  I found her because she sings my favorite Christmas song this year, Winter Snow, on Chris Tomlin's album,  Glory in the Highest: Christmas Songs of Worship.






Day Trip:  Even though I hated it at the time, I have to say I feel good about the tough hike on  Lower Lena Lake Trail.  For a more relaxed experience, I loved our day at the Wooden Boat Festival and other places around Port Townsend.







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...