Friday, December 30, 2011

Favorites of 2011

I can hardly ever come up with one favorite thing in any category, but I'll give it a try, just for fun...


Movie, Action (DVD) :  Unstoppable.  I'm not an action/thriller fan, but this was a good one!  A bit heart-stopping at times, but no creepy people about to kill someone.  And 2 handsome stars...  ;-D












Movie, Comedy (DVD):  Just Go With It.  Not fantastic, but pretty cute and funny.  Some inappropriate language and situations I could've done without, but I could watch it and enjoy it again.











Family/Kids' Movie (DVD):  Despicable Me.  Cute, cute, CUTE.  And funny.










Book for me:   Grace for the Good Girl: Letting Go of the Try-Hard Life.  Exactly the help I needed this year.  The author also writes the blog, chatting at the sky.








Book to read to Prince CuddleBunny (Chosen by the prince, himself): The Rhyme Bible Storybook.  He told me his selection, then added to his sister, "I LOVE the Rhyme Bible!"







Recipe:  Whole Wheat Challah Dough - Useful for so many things!








New Kitchen gadget:  Oat flaker/roller mixer attachment.  It makes granola, and lots of it, possible.







Favorite New Food Tried:  Leeks.  What could be better than green onions?  GIANT green onions!  ;-)








Song:  OK, I just can't choose one.  
CD: All Of You
I really love both of these, because they suited my brides.  
Colbie Caillat - I Do for Princess Bossy
CD: Clear As Day
and Scotty McCreery - I Love You This Big for Princess Sassy.











CD: The House You're Building (Audrey Assad).  Nice.  What a voice!  I found her because she sings my favorite Christmas song this year, Winter Snow, on Chris Tomlin's album,  Glory in the Highest: Christmas Songs of Worship.






Day Trip:  Even though I hated it at the time, I have to say I feel good about the tough hike on  Lower Lena Lake Trail.  For a more relaxed experience, I loved our day at the Wooden Boat Festival and other places around Port Townsend.







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...