Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hittin' the Sauce Again

Saturday snuck up on me, and Hubby and I had a staff gathering to attend.  We were supposed to bring a snack to share.  With no time to plan anything elaborate, and the grocery store nowhere near my path for the day, I looked through the kitchen for inspiration.





In the fridge I found a pound of cream cheese, and the Roasted Pineapple and Habanero Sauce I used for the Easy, Spicy, Crunchy, Baked Chicken Breast.  I also remembered I had another one, Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce, still unopened in the pantry.  












So all of that, and one remaining bag of Crunchmaster (Gluten-free) Multi-Grain Crackers, meant spreads with crackers were our contribution to the party.




I cut the cream cheese into 2, 8-ounce rectangles. I spread each one a bit to make them thinner, so the ratio of cheese to sauce would be a little more balanced.  I also roughed up the surface, so it would hold more of the sauce on top.  Then I poured the sauces over, and tried to make them somewhat attractive.  I suppose a little garnish for decoration may have helped.                                                                                                                                           


No appetizer I've ever put together was any faster or easier than this one.  The party attendees raved about the spreads, especially loving the Raspberry-Chipotle option.  


I often think about what to make for such events days in advance and work to make something that will be special.  This is a classic reminder to myself that I can KISS...Keep It Simple, Silly.  (That's a little nicer than "Stupid.")  Everyone at the party was just as happy, and I wasn't rushed, nor did I leave the kitchen in a mess behind me.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...