Monday, October 14, 2013

A Confession

I don't know anyone else with this aversion, but I don't really like applesauce.  I find it a little bland and with little toothsome quality (an uppity way of saying nothing solid to sink my teeth into), I'm not a fan of the texture.  Additionally, I don't like applesauce spice cake, applesauce muffins, and I don't like using applesauce instead of fat in muffins and other baked goods.  - Blah, blah, and dry.

The baby prince will eventually enjoy some of it, I'm sure.  I look forward to that, and left it unsweetened and unspiced for that reason.  We can always add cinnamon, as we wish.  We never add sugar.

But he won't eat it all.  This means that with a LOT of applesauce on hand, I needed to search out other uses... Hopefully, savory options, since I haven't liked the applesauce desserts.  I spent a lot of time searching the internet, with limited luck.

So for a lot of the rest of my apple series, I will be sharing recipes that interested me, both from internet sources and friends.  Some unique options are out there, and I am eager to try them and share them with you.  For variety's sake, I'll mix in recipes for using fresh apples, too.


"Politics is applesauce."  -  Will Rogers
(I wonder what he'd think of it now!)


31 Days at The Nesting Place


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...