Saturday, October 19, 2013

Taking a Right Turn

Writing about apples has been a little fun, and a little challenging.  Making sure I have a blog post ready every day is an accomplishment, but also, a distraction from life.  There are things I want or need to do that remain undone while I blog.  And to write about apples?  It isn't even particularly helpful, or probably interesting, to you, the readers.  If I'm going to blog, I want it to be informational, insightful, or uplifting.  After all, if I can find recipes that use applesauce on the internet, so can you. (Although, maybe you were as surprised as I to find out just how many apple quotes there are!  And there are more I didn't use.)


"Right" turn. This time as in
correct...better for me and for you
So I've decided to take this another direction.  I began this 31 Day journey with a post entitled An Apple A Day.  That, of course, was from the idiom, "An apple a day keeps the doctor away."  So, from here out, I'm going to concentrate on the idea of health and well-being.  I plan to write one thing that I do in each day to improve my mental, emotional, or physical health.   It won't be a lot to read, I don't think.  Maybe just a sentence or two with a picture or two.  I may be kidding myself, since I can't write just a sentence or two for "(Almost) Wordless Wednesday"s, but we'll see!

So this is what I'm doing for myself today... Releasing myself from apple bondage!  Not that I'll never mention them again, but I won't HAVE to.

Another great thing is that I can still stay committed to the 31 Day project prompted by the Nester at The Nesting Place, and still, even, remain true to the category I in which I signed up there, "Health, Wellness, & Food."

So, do something nice for yourself today!  That's what I'm hoping for.  --I share something nice or healthy I do for my life, and whether or not it's what 'floats your boat,' it should motivate you to do something that enriches your life and contributes to your health in some way, too.  Win-win.



31 Days at The Nesting Place




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...