Sunday, October 6, 2013

The Apple's Secret



I didn't know about the star hidden in apples until I was in kindergarten.  I suspect that maybe my mom didn't show it to us, because she didn't want to have to always cut apples 'the wrong way' in order for us to see it.  I do get that, but it's fun to cut them crosswise every once in awhile and see this special surprise.

There are different stories on the internet about the star inside the apple.  I won't repeat or offer selections from any, lest I break some sort of copyright law.  Here are three I found that are fun and quick to read.

The Little Red House with No Doors and No Windows and a Star Inside

Why Apples Have Stars Within  (love this one)

The Parable of the Apple Tree  (my personal favorite)

I hope you check them out and enjoy!

"Any fool can count the seeds in an apple. Only God can count all the apples in one seed."  -  Robert H. Schuller


31 Days at The Nesting Place

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...