Tuesday, October 1, 2013

An Apple A Day

I hope!
Every year over at The Nesting Place, the Nester does a 31 Days of blogging-on-one-topic event in October.  I am not positive I can keep up, and really had no idea for a topic on which I could write something 31 days in a row.  I could "cheat," and make it so broad to include almost anything I'd want to say.  But that usually means writing the longer posts I don't have time for every single day.


So I looked around me, to see what was staring me in the face.  

What's under here?  Hint... It's hiding from the fruit flies.


It was APPLES.  (Just maybe you got that from the title?)
"Apple, apple...Who has the apple?"
We do...and then some!

Apples, apples, everywhere.  We started with 9 full paper bags, to be precise, that Hubby and Prince Inventive picked at a friend's house 9 days ago.  I've been experiencing low motivation, and since most haven't made it out of the bag, we're still surrounded.






So, for the next 31 days I intend to talk apples.  Maybe other things, too, but there will have to be something aptly appley included. (See my change in direction on Day 19) A recipe, a tip, a little bit of trivia, or just a mention of some sort.  Maybe a "Where's Waldo" sort of photo.  Who knows?  I don't.  This means my series certainly isn't as deep or profound as others are doing.  I hope it will be fun for those who still read my blog, and maybe even offer a bit of helpful information along the way.  Mostly, I'm challenging myself.


When I took a watercolor class in college, the instructor believed that quantity would beget quality, through practice.  Each quarter of the year, I had to do one subject, but in more and more paintings.  I think it was 20 the first quarter, 40, the next, and 60 or 80 that spring.  I think this type of idea might help with my blogging.  I could definitely use the practice in writing posts with singular messages to keep the blog moving at a pace interesting to you, and doable for me.  A less-is-more-but-more-often approach.

We'll see!  And we can also hope we keep the doctor away in the process.  :-)

To see all the posts for 31 Days of An Apple A Day, click this link: 31 Days 2013
But for daily reads:
Day 2: (Almost) Wordless Wednesday
Day 3: Knees, Garages, ...Apples? Oh, My
Day 4: Apple Appreciation
Day 5: An Apple - Just the Facts, Ma'm
Day 6: The Apple's Secret
Day 7: Dividing and Conquering
Day 8: What to Do... What to Do...
Day 9: (Almost) Wordless Wednesday (Applesauce Barbecue Chicken)
Day 10: The Tools
Day 11: The Applesauce-Making-Things Face Off
Day 12: The Crusty Bits
Day 13: Priorities
Day 14: A Confession
Day 15(Almost) Wordless (on Almost) Wednesday
Day 16: Butter Up
Day 17: Simple Tool for Simple Task
Day 18: I'm Early... Or Late
Day 19: Taking a Right Turn
Day 20: Sunday's Bite
Day 21: The Mom Who Got the Cream
Day 22: Just Curious
Day 23: (Almost) Wordless Wednesday
Day 24: A Reading Respite
Day 25: Pumpkins with my Punkin'
Day 26: For Fun or Coif It
Day 27: Sunday Encouragement
Day 28: Monday Movie Madness
Day 29: What is it about Vacation?
Day 30: (Almost) Wordless Wednesday: Wall Work
Day 31: A Revelation



-And you might want to check out other bloggers' 31 Day topics, too!  Here are the links to each category over at The Nesting Place:
House & Home
Simplicity & Organizing
Family Life
Health, Wellness, & Food (where mine is)
Inspirational & Faith
Fashion & Beauty
Personal Endeavors
Writing, Blogging, & Internet stuff
Too Awesome to Categorize
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...